January 9, 2012

189- Davis' Catchlights









Ok, today I took Davis outside to try something.  I read a photo tip that said...one way to get catch lights in people's eyes is to put them in the shade and for you to step into the sun.  It makes sense...so they are facing light.  We tried it out.  We took about 10 pictures and I didn't think that it was working until the last couple.  In the last ones I was more in the direction of the sun so there was a brighter light for him to see.  (Does any of this make sense...and do you even care!)  haha.  So when I downloaded them on my computer, I was so surprised and happy to find that the first ones had some catch lights there too!  I just couldn't see them on my camera.  If you look at all the pictures you can see that I was moving him around.  The light is hitting him differently.  The bottom 2 pictures are the last ones that I took!  Good to know that tip works so well!!!

4 comments:

jen said...

Hey-Keith has a shirt like that. Guess what that makes me think we need to go do :) Good job on the pics and a good tip too!

ann white said...

Can't wait Jenny!!! :) Tell me when and I'll be there! haha

dickandlenis said...

what a good looking guy!!!!!

Steven and Anarie Petroff said...

I like the first two best, I think because of the background. The color of Davis' face looks better and the contrast pops the color of his shirt out more. They are all great though!